All Employees with at least 26 weeks continuous employment are now able to request flexible working.
You may want to request different hours of work, work times or even your place of work and your employer will have to deal with your request in a reasonable manner, under the regulations.
We can advise you on the practicalities of making your request, or on your options if your request is denied.
It can only be denied for one of the following reasons
- the burden of additional costs;
- detrimental effect on ability to meet customer demand;
- inability to reorganise work among existing staff;
- inability to recruit additional staff;
- detrimental impact on quality;
- detrimental impact on performance;
- insufficiency of work during the periods the employee proposes to work; or
- planned structural changes.
It is open to the employer to agree a trial period